Healthy Weight loss without dieting is not a short-term project. It’s a habit. Maybe you have no problem maintaining your ideal body weight or you belong to the larger group of men & women who struggle every day to keep the extra weight off. Maybe you have tried many diets but they didn’t work or they worked to some extent but, when you went back to your previous eating habits, you gained weight back.
The following living and eating practices will help you to control weight and have healthy weight loss without dieting :
- Eat small meals every two to three hours. In that way you keep your metabolism working and prevent overeating at the next meal. Active metabolism leads to burning of more calories and healthy weight loss.
- Do some kind of exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. That could be as simple as walking with moderate pace, preferably shortly after a main meal of the day. Use stairs instead of elevators, for shorter distances walk down instead of driving.
- First thing in the morning – have a glass of warm water with 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and 1 Teaspoon honey. Vitmanin C of Lemon, Energy of Honey and Hydration of Water will ot only rejevenate you but will also lead to healthy weight loss
- Fruits and veggies are nutrient dense and super healthy. Instead of binging on Potato chips and Cola’s, opt for a cup of grapes, carrots, strawberries or vegetable juices. This will help you to have healthy weight loss as they contain far fewer calories than the energy that your body would spend in digesting them.
- Eat slowly. It takes about 20 minutes for the satiety impulse to arrive in the brain. Chewing the food well will also help digestion.
- Never go grocery shopping hungry. It is the best to go buying foods after a meal. Then you are more likely to buy exactly what you need, and make the healthier food choices and buy foods with less sugar and fat content.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, between meals. That will maintain proper nutrient exchange and also a faster cleaning of harmful by-products of cell metabolism out of the body. Go for six to eight glasses a day.
- Don’t skip meals as you are about to over eat at the next meal.
- Try to start the main meal of the day with a heart-healthy vegetable soup. In this way the nutrients in the soup will help with digestion, and the consumed amount of liquid will satisfy a part of your stomach, so you will feel full sooner with less food eaten.
- Always start the day with breakfast. That will give your brain and body much-needed energy for starting with the day’s activities and get your metabolism running. Active metabolism means burning more calories.
- Keep a food diary. Note down whatever you eat entire day and review the list before going for bed. This simple tip works wonderfully well and is a must have in any healthy weight loss plan
- Have your last meal of the day at least three hours before going to bed.
- By practicing yoga and meditation, food assimilation & digestion improves and desire for calorie-rich food decreases.
- Take it easy and make it fun. If healthy weight loss plan feels like a struggle or painful, then you’re doing it wrong. Remember, you’re trying to develop habits for the rest of your life.
- And, last but not least, don’t cut on your sleep to finish other things.
Be prepared for mistakes and bad weeks. It’s OK. There’s nothing wrong with you if things go wrong every now and then. Take a deep breath, and re-start your healthy weight loss regimen.