Skin Care with natural herbs have become the first choice of people. Natural herbs like Aloe Vera and Rosemary are effective, safe and healthy in comparison with toxic synthetic chemicals often found in the skin care products available in the market.
Chemical based skin care products pose a threat to your skin, and long term usage may lead to loosening of the skin, irritation, premature aging, accelerated signs of aging etc. The herbs have no added preservatives or chemicals. They provide revitalizing nutrients and antioxidants that help you keep your skin beautiful and ageless. Their excellent ability to maintain the skin’s beauty and repairing is really praiseworthy.
Mother Nature has gifted us innumerable herbs with mystic properties to take care of beauty and health as well. Let Mother Nature take care of your skin so that you have a soft, glowing and younger looking skin. Herbs are the best cure for skin problems like acne, pimples, rashes, wounds, psoriasis, seborrhoea, eczema, dry scaly skin and other skin disorders.
Aloe vera and rosemary herb can take care of your skin and help you maintain a soft and supple healthy skin.
Aloe vera tops the list of medicinal plants when it comes to skin care. Aloe vera’s medical reputation dates back thousands of years. The antibiotic, analgesic, growth stimulating and astringent properties make it a favorite choice for therapeutic purposes. When used as a part of daily sin care regimen, aloe vera nourishes the skin and helps to keep it supple, healthy and glowing.
Medicinal Uses Of Aloe Vera :
- Works like magic to over burns, cuts, wounds and rashes. It speeds up the regenerative process for a healthier skin. Researchers have proved its efficacy in healing wounds faster.
- Fights skin diseases and does wonders for skin inflammation, rashes, allergies, eczema and seborrhoea.
- Offers protection against sun damage and reduces blemishes. The gel is effective for treating sunburns.
- Several studies have revealed that aloe vera showed marked results in producing remission in skin cancers.
- It helps prevent damage from X-rays and other forms of radiation.
- It moisturizes the skin and adds to its elasticity. Keeps the skin well hydrated. Removes the dead skin cells.
- It is great for dry skin and helps to keep it well hydrated.
- When applied topically, it reduces wrinkles and fine lines, repairs the damaged skin tissue.
- It is excellent for stretch marks after pregnancy. Helps to reduce scarring.
Aloe Vera Skin Care
- Apply aloe vera gel 15 minutes before going out in the sun for sun protection.
- Cut open a leaf of the plant and remove the gel, or you may buy the gel available in the market and apply it to burns, cuts and wounds to get instant relief.
Aloe Vera Face Mask
Looking for a face mask to moisturize, hydrate, soothe and refresh your skin ?. Try the aloe vera honey mask. Mix one tablespoonful each of aloe vera juice or pulp and honey and apply the mixture to the face and leave it on to for 15 minutes. Wash with water and admire the soft, supple wellmoisturised face. The mixture can be used on all types of skin but works best for dry and sensitive skin. It also works to reduce the redness and inflammation on the affected area.
Aloe Vera Mask For Dry Skin
An aloe vera, avocado and green tea mask is meant for dry, flaky skin. Peel avocado and take out two tablespoonsfuls of pulp. Mash it and add one tablespoonful of aloe vera gel and one teaspoonful of green tea powder and make a smooth paste. Apply this paste to a clean face and neck. Do not put it around the eyes. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off using cold and warm water alternately. Aloe vera mask for all types of skin: Make a paste of equal quantities of aloe vera gel, almond (finely ground) and one teaspoonful of honey. Apply the mixture to your face and wash off after 15 minutes. This mask is good for exfoliating mature skin.
Available Forms Of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is available as a gel, lotion, spray, liquid, cream and in capsule form. Aloe vera gel can be taken orally. Hailed for its skin-soothing and anti-ageing properties, the cosmetic industry is using aloe vera in many skin care products. Aloe vera is the most popular herb used in cleansing, face washes, massage creams, sunscreens and anti-acne products.
Caution: Aloe vera can be taken orally but do not eat the raw gel from the leaves. Choose the product of a reputed company dealing in herbs.
Rosemary, a small aromatic herb, has been held in high esteem as a herb to promote good health and long life. Rosemary oil is known for its therapeutic uses and health benefits. This herb can take care of skin health and treat various skin ailments.
Rosemary Skin Care
- Applied to the skin, rosemary essential oil helps to strengthen the capillaries, increases blood circulation and thus has a rejuvenating effect.
- It restores elasticity to the skin.
- Rosemary extract is known to prevent the age-related changes in the skin such as wrinkles and fine lines. Regular massage with rosemary oil takes care of aging and helps to rejuvenate the dull and lifeless skin. The rich antioxidant profile of the herb slows down the aging process.
- The anti-microbial property of the herb has been used for centuries to treat eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, acne and blemishes.
Available Forms Of Rosemary:
- Dried whole rosemary
- In capsule form
- Volatile oil for external use only (not orally)
- Fresh and dried leaves for making tea and liquid extracts.
Rosemary is a popular ingredient in natural skin care products both in the form of essential oil and as a tincture (infusion) of fresh or dried leaves.
For Glowing, Soulful Skin care – Don’t rely on labels to give you the information you need. Trust only the ingredient list and your gut. Do consider going exclusively for Herbal Skin care.